Community College of Philadelphia
Address: 1700 Spring Garden St. Philadelphia, PA 19130
School Type: Large 2 Year Community College
Student Body: 19,503 Undergraduate Students
On-Campus Housing: No
Application Deadline: August 1st & December 1st
Identifies & Tracks Foster Youth
Specific Programming for Foster Youth
Beneficial Programming for Foster Youth
Year-Round Housing Available
The Fostering Caring Connections Program is a campus-based program specifically designed to support the needs of students with experience in foster care to successfully transition to college life and complete their degree or transition to a 4-year school. The program has multiple campus champions to easily make and receive referrals to meet students’ needs. Services include:
- Regular social programs & workshops
- Financial literacy workshops
- Life skills building workshops
- Peer support & leadership opportunities
For more information about the Fostering Caring Connections program, contact the program’s Single Point of Contact, Michelle Lopez, at email@example.com or (215) 751-8373.
Single Stop is a free service to connect students to state and federal financial resources and local community services. Single Stop offers government benefit eligibility screening and assistance to apply for these benefits, legal services, financial education, tax preparation services and healthcare enrollment assistance.
- Academic Advising
- KEYS Program
- Counseling Center
- Campus Food Pantry
- Career Services
- Center on Disability
- Community College of Philadelphia has three locations in addition to the Main Campus, including the Northeast Regional Center, the Northwest Regional Center, and the West Regional Center.
- Community College of Philadelphia was among the first schools in Pennsylvania to develop a campus-based support program for students with experience in foster care.
See something on this page that needs to be updated?